How to wash the outer removable cover
1, Open the zipper and remove the inner weighted blanket.
2. The outer cover can be washed in your machine on a cool, gentle cycle.
3. Use a small amount of liquid detergent taking care that you do not use any bleach or whitening agent.
4. Tumble dry on a cool setting. Before the outer cover is completely dry take it out of the dryer and hang to complete the drying process.
How to wash the inner weighted blanket:
1. Unzip the outer cover and remove the inner weighted blanket.
2. Fill your bathtub, large plastic tub or laundry basin halfway with tepid water.
3. Add a mild detergent, preferably one used on delicate fabrics or even bubble bath. Avoid using harsh chemicals, as this can damage the fabric fibers and cotton batting filling (mixed with the weighted pellets).
4. Activate the detergent by sloshing your hands in the water and then submerge the inner weighted blanket fully. Do not use any bleach or whitening agent.
5. Leave the inner blanket in the bath and drain the water. Add a fresh batch of water and rinse the blanket repeatedly. Ensure there is no soap residue left on the blanket.
6. Once you have rinsed properly, squeeze out the excess water by rolling the blanket as tightly as possible without wringing. Do this repeatedly.
7. Hang the blanket outside in the sun (or on a banister) and go back every half hour to shake it out and redistribute the weight.